Upcoming Event 1June 4, 2015
Madurai Mani Iyer Avl ThAye YashoDAJuly 9, 2015
Why Raghu sir?
- His style of playing was the perfect blend of mahA vidwAn Palghat Mani Iyer and mahA vidwAn Palani Subramania Pillai
- Highest level of knowledge in music and its aesthetics
- His tuning of the instruments would be a treat to watch, and he always attained high level of perfection in the same.
- Exquisite and the most powerful handling of the left side of the instrument
- Spontaneity and ability to decipher any musical phrase on the spot through the perfect rhythmic pattern
- Absolutely committed to the success of each and every concert, whoever be the main performer
- Ability to gauge the capacity of each and every student, and teach according to his strength and weakness.
- A thorough gentlemen both on and off the stage
- Always appreciative of good performances and would provide constructive criticism.
- A keen observer, and always open to good ideas and thoughts
- 1980: The magnanimity of the great guru to attend his future students concert
- 1981/82/83: visit to Guru’s residence for in-house training (Gurukulavaasam)
- 1984-87: training @ NCPA Master Class conducted by Raghu sir
- 1982 onwards, had the great fortune of sitting behind him in concerts and observing his style of playing
The greatest moment in my life was when I got to play double mridangam with Raghu sir
On stage with the guru
Recognition from the guru where he accepted to my playing in his Gurus organization.